If you know me you know I’m all about fall. I want to share my fall bucketlist with you all. Not only do I love the cooler weather and upcoming holidays fall brings, I love that there are so many activities and things to do in the fall months. Here it is- I would love to know what you guys like to do in the fall.
1. Pumpkin patch. This is kind of a no-brainer for me. Fall just isn’t the same without a trip to buy some pumpkins. I especially love the patches that include a petting zoo and corn maze. Two of my personal favorite pumpkin patches are Baker’s Acres in Tishomingo and Cornerstone Ranch in Ada.
2. Attend a college football game. Check! One of my favorite things about fall is football. I attended OSU for a few semesters in undergrad and got my graduate degree from OU. So I feel compelled to root for both teams. To me, there’s nothing better than a bustling gameday Saturday morning in a college town.
3. Decorate for fall. This may seem like an obvious choice for me, considering I start decorating for fall in August, ha!
4. Eat/drink something pumpkin-spiced or apple flavored. Again, this is another obvious choice for me. I literally live off of Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. I cannot get enough. I’m always in line the first day they begin serving them and drink them nonstop throughout the season. Here is a delicious copy cat recipe to try at home.
5. Fall fashion. This one is key! What is better than fall fashion? Nothing! Who loves to snuggle up in an oversized sweater and leggings? Everyone! Did you gain a couple of extra pounds throughout summer? No one knows! My favorite trend this fall is the bell sleeved sweater. I’m loving this one from Nordstrom
6. Movie night. The cooler weather and shorter days make for prime movie watching conditions. Snuggle up with your boo and watch some Hocus Pocus, would ya?! Or something scarier if you wish. My favorite show to watch in the fall is the same show I watch year-round, which is Gilmore Girls. It is almost always fall on Gilmore Girls. I think that’s a reason I love it so much. I’m especially excited for the Netflix revival coming Nov. 25th. Actually, I’m not sure excited accurately describes it. I feel like obsessed may be the most appropriate term.
7. Haunted house. I love a good haunted house. Currently searching for one if you have any suggestions!
8. Try a new recipe. I’m much more likely to turn on the stove and do work in the kitchen in the fall. I’m hoping to try this soon- White chicken chili
9. Take a trip to see fall foliage. This really might be my favorite. For the past 3 years, Billy and I have roadtripped to see the aspens change in Colorado. They are breathtaking. We have both started new jobs recently so we didn’t have the vacation time to take a big fall trip. However, we are going to Beavers Bend State Park with some friends. I’m so looking forward to the pretty scenery and good company.
10. Visit your loved ones. Not to sound clichè, but fall can be a really busy time. I’m making sure to set aside plenty of time to visit home to see family and friends.